Thursday 15 March 2012

Perfumes: A Tad Obsessed?

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you- I'm now up to 27 followers, which to me is such an achievement :) I'd also like to apologise for my lack of posts, I've been bombarded with studying and I'm afraid over the next few weeks it'll only increase so I'll only be doing a few posts a week.

Anyway, today I thought I would show you all my perfume collection. Like many things, at one point I was obsessed with perfumes, so I gathered quite a collection (to say the least). I have completely stopped asking for perfume for birthdays/Christmas as I am trying to get through all this but honestly, I've got enough to last my whole life. However, when I took it all out of my drawer I thought it looked quite pretty and you might be interested. 

long thin photo of lots of perfume bottles of various sizes and colours

inside of drawer filled with various perfume bottles

I think ultimately my favourite thing about perfume is that each one triggers a different memory. For example, Far Away by Avon is a perfume that may not be very well know, but I am never without a bottle as it reminds me so much of when I was about four and my little cousin and I would go crazy with my mum's bottle. And the Kate Moss perfume really reminds me of a trip to Holland a few years ago. I literally could go on and on! 

inside of white drawer with lots of different perfume bottles inside


However, at the moment, my favourite perfume is Marc Jacobs Daisy. I love all his scents and would buy them all if my drawer wasn't already overflowing. Daisy is so fresh and has a very unique scent that reminds me of summer and holidays. 

Which perfumes trigger memories in you? 

That's all from me today, I will hopefully be able to post at some point over the weekend. I'm off to spray everything in sight with a scent in the hope of using up some of this vast collection!

Night!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my stars!!! how do you choose in the morning :-) I would love to have that many perfumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I really have no idea I just dive into the drawer and choose the first one I touch! Though I save some for special occasions! xxx

      Delete
  2. WOW! This is a lot of perfumes! My favourites are Tom Ford and Jimmy Choo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know hehe! Oh I've never smelled them, maybe I'll get a tester :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha spray everything in sight you're so funny! I love Marc Jocobs perfumes too :) I have Daisy and it's 3/4 gone, I use it so much!! Jealous of your amazing collection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks :) I know they are so amazing! I only use it for special occasions as I'm trying to ration it because I love it so much! Lol I think if I seen my own collection on anyone else's blog I would be like wow that's amazing but because it's mine I'm like arghh will it ever stop?!

      Hope that made at least a bit of sense! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely blog, I am now following xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Channel #5 reminds me of my Mom .. also she like Sun Moon and Stars which is really beauitful perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's lovely, I love perfumes linked to people! Oh I've never smelled that but it sounds great xx

      Delete