Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review | MUA Lipsticks

Hey Everyone!

Its probably well known to most of you that I absolutely love the brand MUA and my absolute favourite products from their range are the lipsticks. Since discovering them, I have grown quite a collection, and at only £1 a pop, I plan to expand it.
8 black packaged lipsticks lined up in rows of 4
The packaging is a very simple, classic black and silver case. I like how the glass bit at the top has some of the product in it so you can see the exact colour before you buy. Because it is so cheap, I have had some problems with MUA packaging in the past but so far nothing except the lettering disappearing has went wrong with the lipsticks.

The formula of the lipsticks is amazingly creamy and long lasting, with super colour pay off. There are a huge variety of colours on offer- so whether your looking for a bold red or my-lips-but-better shade, there's a colour for you.

I currently own 9, with one double (shade 9, a really subtle everyday browny/pink which I wear a lot). The lipsticks were originally numbered but as MUA bring out more shades I think they're beginning to name them too (eg the new orange one: shade 16 is called 'NECTAR'). 

Instead of rambling on about how much I love these, I thought I'd do a little swatchathon and let you see for yourself. Warning: prepare to want!

Shades from left to right : 9,7,6,3,16,13,8,11
8 lipsticks lined up behind forearm: shimmery dusty pink, coral shimmery pink, shiny pink, matte hot pink, orange, bright matte red, dark glittery red, brown
Flash 
8 lipsticks lined up behind forearm: shimmery dusty pink, coral shimmery pink, shiny pink, matte hot pink, orange, bright matte red, dark glittery red, brown
No flash

Argh I love every single on of these- I would literally wear them all at once if I could!

The vast array of shades make them the perfect combination of everyday shades, bold statement shades and downright daring shades. What I particularly like about the price of these is that if I fancy experimenting, with for example a scarlet, I can get the MUA one knowing that if I don't like it (which hasn't happened yet!) I haven't wasted a lot of money.

Have you tried the MUA lipsticks? Would you recommend any shades I don't have?
green and pink floral writing with brown outline which says Julz

10 comments:

  1. The fourth one in the row is shade 3 or the sixth one ?
    BTW lovely swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh woops bit of a typo there the sixth is meant to be 13, thanks for pointing that out I'll fix it now :)xx

      Delete
  2. I love MUA too :). In fact I found your blog because of their RT :)

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw woo when they retweeted it I was fist pumping away hehe :P xx

      Delete
  3. I love their lipsticks, you're swatches make me want shade 16 which I dismissed as being too orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :D Oh yes you should try it, its not a bold orange at all its pretty creamy :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi! This has helped me big time choose some new lippies =D

    nevermindsuzi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review thanx for swatches will get 11, 7 and 16 <3
    http://sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and your very welcome! :D Ooh good choices I love those especially 7 xx

      Delete